HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
A hyperbaric chamber is an enclosure wherein a user breathes in oxygen at levels above normal atmospheric pressure. The goal is to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore body functions. While a user is in the chamber breathing supplemental oxygen under increased pressure, oxygen saturates their red blood cells.
WHAT IT DOES
Each cell in the body needs oxygen to preserve, repair, and enhance cellular function. Breathing 100% oxygen at pressures greater than sea level:
- Increase the amount of oxygen dissolved in the plasma and carried to the fluids surrounding the brain and spinal cord to provide greater healing.
- Promotes new blood vessels in areas with reduced circulation
- Enhances the performance of the bodys antioxidants to fight disease and infection.
- Reduces swelling and inflammation, promotes the release of stem cells and enhances the immune system.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has had many successes in helping, and healing in areas listed below
- Concussions – Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can improve post concussion syndrome years after mild traumatic brain injury – randomized prospective trial
- COVID High pressure (hyperbaric) oxygen resolves severe COVID-19 breathing difficulties faster than standard therapy
- Autism – Children with autism who received hyperbaric treatment had significant improvements in overall functioning, receptive language, social interaction, eye contact, and sensory/cognitive awareness.
- Anoxic Brain Injury – This treatment has been shown to decrease cerebral edema, normalize water content in the brain, decrease the severity of brain infarction, and maintain blood-brain barrier integrity.
- Cerebral Palsy – Hyperbaric oxygenation not only relieves hypoxia but also jumpstarts the brain to much better organization and function
- Migraine Headache – There was evidence that HBOT was effective for the termination of acute migraines.
- Crohn’s Disease/Colitis– HBOT is effective in treating conditions related to hypoxia, doctors have found that the therapy can be beneficial for people with Crohn’s (a common type of inflammatory bowel disease) who have difficult-to-treat and recurrent fistulas
- Fibromyalgia– reduces inflammation, swelling and edema in the body, which often helps ease joint pain.
CALL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Owasso, Ok 74055